• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blob in a photo from Grenada in April (3 Viewers)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
This is a question about the brown shape in the lower edge of the attachment. Given what I saw while I was there, it could be a brown booby or a brown noddy. But maybe something else? I am fully prepared it might be unidentifiable.
For comparison, the more distant white blob is a Laughing Gull (Pretty sure about that).
Best
Niels
Question P1290652.JPG

I get more the impression of a dark phase Red-footed Booby, particularly from the (apparently) paler brown head. I think we would see more obvious, clear cut white on a Brown Booby.

Thank you all for the comments. The dark phase Red-footed Booby I saw in Grenada all had a very clear white tail. I guess it could be juvenile of either that or brown booby, likely also juvenile.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back