• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Vancouver, Canada (1 Viewer)

bcurrie

I will be at a conference (non-birding) in Vancouver, Canada from August 6 - 9. Won't have much time to bird, mostly on the 6th and in the evenings. Any one out there have experience with this area and places that are not more than about half an hour from Vancouver? I will have a car.

Hi Brian,

Haven't been there myself but I believe that Sky Lark can be found in the area. It was the only place in the ABA area for it. Of course my information may be dated.

dennis

The Skylark can only be found on Vancouver Island. One place is near the airport (Victoria International). This is a ferry ride from the Vancouver area.

The Crested Myna is extinct in the Vancouver area.

Chris. Spratt

Try the BC birders yahoogroup!
I'm not sure of the URL though you might find it through Google or Yahoo search.
The most recent poster is:
"Chris Charlesworth" <c_charlesworth23 AT hotmail.com>
(according to birdingonthe.net--which is, by the way, a great resource).

Last edited:
I would start off at the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary, then go over to the Queen Elizabeth Park, then Boundary Bay, and finally Stanley Park (Lost Lagoon). Hope you can find the time for all that.

Chris. Spratt

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back