• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Alert Pro on the iPhone (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAB

Has anyone tried the free 24 hour trial of Bird Alert Pro on the iPhone by RBA?

Downloaded the App Wednesday and was very impressed with how easy it is to use, and especially the tailoring to own personal needs. The map directions and available species photos are a nifty feature too. It’s a shame that 2/3G coverage isn’t where it needs to be, because if it was, the pager would become obsolete overnight.

Only question now is, can I justify the cost of both a pager and a 12 month subscription to full Bird Alert Pro, as the combined cost isn’t cheap (pager users do however get a light version free)! There is also an option to subcribe for a one off week or month etc.

I would definitely say well done to RBA for producing an excellent App, which is long overdue!

Neil

Anyone else tried this yet?- I'm thinking of upgrading to an iphone soon - will it replace the pager (I wouldn't mind not having to use mine if the news is available via iphone)

Anyone else tried this yet?- I'm thinking of upgrading to an iphone soon - will it replace the pager (I wouldn't mind not having to use mine if the news is available via iphone)

I suppose the biggest issue would be coverage. I can name many places where I've tried to access tinternet on my phone and the signal has been non-existant or so slow that I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back