• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big boots (2 Viewers)

Phaethon

Pretty basic question here but wanted to see if anyone knows about the size of Wellies or boots available in Peru at lodges or on guided trips. I wear size 12 US boots and shoes. The last time I was in South America (Ecuador) I brought some NEOS overboots because of my concern that there were no boots available in my size. At the time it was exceptionally warm and dry and boots were not needed.

Are there boots available in lodges or from guided tours there in large sizes or should I continue to lug my own on trips?

Thanks,

BA

Hello Phaeton, you can have a problem with the boots depending on the month in which you will make your trip. Not at all lodges have boots for customers, but I think that only need a few places, you go to the Tambopata?
I think you can get a pair for some places.
Grettings

Thanks Illapa:

Looks like I'll be going either to Rio de Piedras or Los Amigos Research Center near Puerto Maldono in Madre de Dios Province of Peru. Looking forward to the antbirds!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back