• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Balearic National Parks face extinction (1 Viewer)

Grando

The Government of the Balearic Islands (Spain), whose President, is proposing drastic cut-backs to two of the islands' protected areas, the Parc Natural de la Peninsula de Llevant (Mallorca) and the Parc Natural de Cala Hort (Ibiza).

BirdLife International is particularly concerned about the potential consequences of these developments on the endemic subspecies of Marmora’s Wabler (Sylvia sarda balearica), the Mediterranean subspecies of Shag (Phalacrocorax aristotelis desmarestii) and the Eleonora’s Falcon (Falco eleonorae).

If you would like to help, please sign the following e-petition on the BirdLife web site:

http://www.birdlife.org/action/campaigns/iba_campaign/help/balearic.html

Many thanks,

Ed Parnell
Communications Officer
BirdLife International

Hi Ed,

Tried to sign, but got this:

"The following errors were found:
  • Sorry, but I cannot figure out who sent you here. Your browser is not sending an HTTP_REFERER."

Worked fine for me too - especially of interest because most of the green blobs along the right edge of Majorca are where I visit each September - for the last 10 years now!

Hi all,

The first time I tried to sign I got the error message, however it worked OK when I turned off Norton Firewall (turned it back on once I'd signed).

Regards

Ken.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back