• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bait for fishing of Yellow-legged Gulls (Larus michahellis) (2 Viewers)

Excellent video, thanks for sharing! I know, this isnt posted as an ID request, but I cant resist (you know):
from 1:18 on there is an adult Mediteranean Gull (white winged gull with the right, gonzo-like bill and square head and look at those long legs) and the bird from 1:55 on gives a strange feeling to me? All features are artefact and low resolution (no offense)? Or is it a 1 cy Adouins Gull by extensive black tail with pure white uppertail-coverts/rump and uniform dark wiIt doesnt give the impression of a large Gull (1 cy LBBG?) to me with those shallow, mechanical wingbeats and some shearwater gliding, but its a long time ago I saw Adouins Gulls (1999) and for some reason I dont remember them well. Reason dont know, maybe I didnt study them well at that time?

What a difference a screen makes. It is indeed either a Corys or Scopolis Shearwater. Looking at this in HD on a larger screen, you can see the yellow bill in the right shape and a large head. And the reason for the mechanical wingbeats and the shearwater gliding is there.
Thank you Pianoman!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back