• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

April Moths (1 Viewer)

A delightful trap this morning (no micros for a start!) with some of my favourite moths pristine and ready for photography.

Two each of Oak-tree Pug (actually I didn't photograph those, too keen to get on to the main events) and two Brindled Beauties were overshadowed by NFY Chestnut, Angle Shades, Great Prominent and Nut-tree Tussock. Singles of Early Grey and Small Quaker rounded matters up apart from one Geometrid currently sitting with its wings up in the fridge awaiting identification.

A nice way to start the day.

John
Geometrid was a Grey Pine Carpet, which I'd have known at once if it hadn't put its wings up. It finally went flat this morning.

John

Trapped last night out of sheer frustration and caught three moths!!! (Mind you if I was so minded I could count about 10 adult and 100+ pupae of Case-bearing Clothes Moth in recent days, all ended up dead one way or another and hopefully we might be on top of it for a bit....)

Anyway, the crop this morning: one Hebrew Character, one worn Common Quaker and a NFY Flame Shoulder. Very fresh and sat nicely on a leaf for pictures.

John

Haven’t trapped for a while it’s been too cold, however this pm in bright sunshine (almost warm)….from my feet sprang a fem.Muslin Moth, I believe only my second ever.😮

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpeg
    IMG_1532.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back