• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8 days in the Peruvian Amazon August 2022 - Join me for a much better (group) price! (1 Viewer)

Hello from New Zealand! My partner and I are visiting Peru in Mid August, and would love to do an 8 day, 7 night wildlife tour which includes amongst other things a visit to a Peruvian Cock-of-the-rock Lek, and for me the bucket list Macaw clay lick site. The price for the two of us is $2025 USD per person, however if we can get a group of 4 together it comes right down to $1200 each which is far more realistic! (Or $1100 each for 5+ people)

All expenses paid, a link to this particular tour is here:

I would love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining to make this trip feasible! Always nice to meet new birding friends around the world as well.

Hi Craig - what are you being quoted for flights Auckland - Peru?
Trip sounds interesting and I've done a couple of S.Am trips from Oz but not touched the Amazon yet...

Hi Craig - what are you being quoted for flights Auckland - Peru?
Trip sounds interesting and I've done a couple of S.Am trips from Oz but not touched the Amazon yet...
Hi I work for an airline so the flights from Auckland via LA for me are very cheap. The plan is to reach Peru via Costa Rica where we’ll spend a week or so, still in the booking process at this point, with the Amazon tour from Cusco likely to be on the 15th August

Looks like there are some decent deals with Latam, will do some more investigating then see if I can persuade my wife that this will end better than my March 2020 trip overseas....

Would just be me unless I can persuade any of my contacts to join in.

Hello from New Zealand! My partner and I are visiting Peru in Mid August, and would love to do an 8 day, 7 night wildlife tour which includes amongst other things a visit to a Peruvian Cock-of-the-rock Lek, and for me the bucket list Macaw clay lick site. The price for the two of us is $2025 USD per person, however if we can get a group of 4 together it comes right down to $1200 each which is far more realistic! (Or $1100 each for 5+ people)

All expenses paid, a link to this particular tour is here:

I would love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining to make this trip feasible! Always nice to meet new birding friends around the world as well.

BTW, your instagram pics are superb. This is tempting...

I'm seriously considering a trip to Peru/Ecuador/Costa Rica in August. I even have contacted agent in Ecuador and got a quotation, but also need to find some like-minded friends to reduce the cost. Let me know your updated plan. I can be contacted at [email protected]

FWIW, this is a VERY good price for a trip to that part of Peru. It seems a lot of places have cut prices due to the pandemic. From my previous research, there seemed to be little in the way of options for less than ~$2000usd (regardless of group size) pre-pandemic. I have no idea how reputable this tour company is but for those who want to do a budget trip to an area that is typically not really possible to do for such prices this seems like a good time to do so!

FWIW, this is a VERY good price for a trip to that part of Peru. It seems a lot of places have cut prices due to the pandemic. From my previous research, there seemed to be little in the way of options for less than ~$2000usd (regardless of group size) pre-pandemic. I have no idea how reputable this tour company is but for those who want to do a budget trip to an area that is typically not really possible to do for such prices this seems like a good time to do so!
Thanks! I appreciate this feedback.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back