• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Norfolk birding (33 Viewers)

From Twitter

Norfolk WT‏@SupportNWT
Our Cley Marshes Land Purchase Appeal has raised £240,000! Thanks for all the support, we are nearly a quarter of the way there!

Go out and buy a euromillions ticket - £133million top prize... I know if I win I'll pay off the rest for them.

Anyone know of any wawings near Swaffham? I'd like to connect with some but don't have much time this week.

Well I spent some time this morning looking for one but with no luck. Then had a single fly over me calling when over in Dereham collecting stuff (over the council offices behind Tesco).

Same here.. Not seen one all year.. Until this morning when 6 flew over Delaneys in Norwich city centre on my walk in to work.
Many more to follow I'm sure!

If you are on twitter follow @waxwingsuk they have records from all over the country. There have been several sightings of birds feeding at the junction of York street and Rupert street just off Unthank road. If you walk along Rupert street there are a lot of berries so I think they will hang around for a while. Good luck.

If you are on twitter follow @waxwingsuk they have records from all over the country. There have been several sightings of birds feeding at the junction of York street and Rupert street just off Unthank road. If you walk along Rupert street there are a lot of berries so I think they will hang around for a while. Good luck.

Thanks for the info I will give it a go when I get the chance.

Barnacle's

Hi, Heading down to Nrth Norfolk for the day starting at Cley and then heading back toward Wells etc, is there anywhere in the area could catch up with Barnacle's. Any info is appriciated. Thanks.

John

At least 17 Waxwings now around Rupert Street/York Street junction in Norwich. Proving a very effective distraction from work at the moment. Light was rubbish, they quickly departed to a distant tree but you get the picture...

Attachments

• WaxwingN6.jpg
    WaxwingN6.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 100
  • WaxwingN7.jpg
    WaxwingN7.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 90
Hi, Heading down to Nrth Norfolk for the day starting at Cley and then heading back toward Wells etc, is there anywhere in the area could catch up with Barnacle's. Any info is appriciated. Thanks.

John

I don't know of any about on the North Norfolk coast at the moment, but there are a few with a Ross' Goose and a flock of Pink-footed Geese being seen near Haddiscoe in East Norfolk.

Four (Waxwings)by Argos in Great Yarmouth industrial estate this morning

Anyone know where the Great Yarmouth Waxwings are today, not seen in the area of the industrial estate.

I don't understand, didn't you see them near the industrial estate this morning?

55 shags roosted on Sunny Hunny cliffs tonight. Look north from the top of the ramp in front of the Salad Bowl cafe. Also RTDiver.

I don't know of any about on the North Norfolk coast at the moment, but there are a few with a Ross' Goose and a flock of Pink-footed Geese being seen near Haddiscoe in East Norfolk.

It's highly likely these Barnacles originate from the substantial feral population in the local area. They attempted to nest on Thorpe marshes, Haddiscoe the year before last

50 Waxwings reported briefly at the Sandy Wall/river junction at Strumpshaw today. From the sounds of it they didn't hang around for long, but its the largest flock I have heard of in Norfolk so far this year (?)

At least 17 Waxwings now around Rupert Street/York Street junction in Norwich. Proving a very effective distraction from work at the moment. Light was rubbish, they quickly departed to a distant tree but you get the picture...

Are these birds being seen throughout the day or just on odd occasions. I am tempted to pop over for a look but won't have as much time as I would like.

Titchwell November 15th

Today’s highlights

Red crested pochard – female on Patsy’s reedbed
Hen harrier – ringtail over saltmarsh
Snow bunting – 50 on beach
Golden plover – 1500 on fresh marsh

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back