- Cacatua sulphurea
Includes: Citron-crested Cockatoo
- White overall plumage
- Yellow crest and ear coverts
- Bluish-white bare orbital skin
- Grey feet
- Back bill
There is a feral population of these birds in the Sheung Wan area of Hong Kong.
Subspecies citrinocristata may be elevated as "Citron-crested Cockatoo", C. citrinocristata.
Clements recognises the following subspecies :
- C. s. abbotti: Masalembu Besar Island (Java Sea)
- C. s. sulphurea: Sulawesi, Muna, and Butung islands
- C. s. djampeana: Islands in the Flores Sea: Tanahjampea Islands (Kayuadi, Tanahjampea, Kalao, Kalaotoa and Madu) and Tukangbesi Islands (Wangiwangi, Tomea and Binongko)
- C. s. occidentalis: Western and central Lesser Sundas (Lombok, Sumbawa, Komodo, Padar, Rinca, Flores, Pantar and Alor); probably extirpated on Lombok, and critically rare on Sumbawa and Flores
- C. s. parvula: Central Lesser Sundas (Rote, Semau, and Timor)
- C. s. citrinocristata: "Citron-crested Cockatoo". Sumba (Lesser Sundas)
Woods and cultivated land. Forest edges. Occurs up to 500 m.
Their diet consists of tree seeds, nuts, berries and fruit.
They nest in a tree hole. The clutch consists of 2-3 white eggs which are incubated by both parents for about 28 days. The young fledge after 75 days.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2021. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2021. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved June 2015)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Yellow-crested Cockatoo. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 5 December 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Yellow-crested_Cockatoo
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.