|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: Sulawesi Crested Goshawk
- Accipiter griseiceps
- upper parts dark (sometimes vinous) brown
- head grey, contrasts with mantle
- crest small, usually hidden
- throat white with central black stripe
- chest and most of belly white with strong black vertical streaks/stripes
- lower belly and under tail coverts white
- thighs have fine black and white horizontal barring (may be difficult to see)
- upper wings dark.
- under wings largely white (coverts completely white) with sparse horizontal dark bars on flight feathers
- upper tail with dark horizontal bars on dark grey background
- under tail with horizontal dark bars (may be difficult to see) and large white outer tail feathers
- facial skin, cere and eye yellow
- feet deep yellow
Forest, sometimes also in mangrove swamps and cultivated areas.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, S. M. Billerman, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2022. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2022. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Sulawesi Goshawk. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Sulawesi_Goshawk
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1