|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: Speckled Hawk-Owl
- Ninox punctulata
- upperparts including head generally dark grey but may be dark brown. With white-spots (throughout)
- brows thin, white
- frontal collar thin, white
- flanks dark brownish, generally leaving a paler (whitish) area in the centre of the breast and belly
- undertail coverts whitish
- legs pale yellow with whitish feathering
- wings and tail with indistinct dark barring
- bill greenish yellow
- eyes entirely dark
Forests near streams, open woodland, and cultivated regions with scattered trees.
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1