|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Loriculus exilis
11 cm. Small parrot similar to others in the region. Sexes differ slightly.
- Bill reddish or orangy
- Cere orange
- Throat with a restricted dark red patch. Perhaps slightly more extensive in males
- Iris pale (male) or dark (female)
- Body including underparts, wings largely green.
- Lower belly to vent area may be more yellowish
- Rump and upper tail coverts bright red (tail tip appearing green)
- Feet bright orange
Subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical mangrove forests. It is threatened by habitat loss.