- Curruca subalpina
12cm (4¾ in)
- Grey back and head
- Brick-red underparts
- White malar streaks
Female has mainly brown upperparts with a greyer head. Whitish below with a pink flush.
Vagrants British Isles.
Breeds in a variety of habitats, from open woodland to bushes and sandy heaths.
The nest is built in thick bushes. Three to five eggs are laid.
Mainly insects, but will eat berries on occasion.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2021. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2021. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Birdforum thread discussing the status of Moltoni's Warbler
- Collins Field Guide 5th Edition
- Collins Bird Guide ISBN 0 00 219728 6
- Birdforum thread discussing subspecies identification
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Moltoni's Warbler. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 28 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Moltoni%27s_Warbler
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.