|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative name: Buru Racket-tail
- Prioniturus mada
32 cm. Medium largely green parrot which may show tail spatules or racquets.
- overall medium green
- underparts slightly paler green
- crissum and lower below belly yellow or yellowish
- bill silvery grey with a dark tip to the upper mandible: lower mandible variably darker especially around the cutting edge. The silvery upper mandible is apparent at a distance
- under tail blue
- adult's tail with short to medium spatules or racquets: bare feather shafts with spoon-shaped tips
Male with rear of head, nape upper mantle and scapulars powder blue to deeper blue colour (often described as "purple"). Female with blue reduced to a hint on the hind neck.
Moist lowland forests, mangrove forests, and montanes.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Buru Racquet-tail. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Buru_Racquet-tail