|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Muscicapa williamsoni
Resembles Asian Brown Flycatcher but has distinct brownish streaks on breast, upper belly and flanks and broad buffy to orange-buff wing-fringing at upperwing coverts. Bill is also slightly larger with pale yellowish and usually dark-tipped lower mandible.
Two subspecies recognized:
- M. w. williamsoni from southern Myanmar to northern Malaysia, winters south to Sumatra and Siberut
- M. w. umbrosa in Borneo (Sarawak, eastern Sabah, and southeastern Kalimantan), perhaps also central Peninsula Malaysia and Sumatra
It was formerly included in Asian Brown Flycatcher.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, S. M. Billerman, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2022. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2022. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Gill, F, D Donsker, and P Rasmussen (Eds). 2023. IOC World Bird List (v 13.2). Doi 10.14344/IOC.ML.13.2. http://www.worldbirdnames.org/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Brown-streaked Flycatcher. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Brown-streaked_Flycatcher
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1