|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Poospiza whitii
15 cm (6 in)
- Black head
- White supercilium with dark chestnut at the rear
- White malar stripe
- Dark slaty-grey upperparts
- Dark chestnut breast and flanks
- Whitish belly
- Long pointed bill
- Long tail with rounded end
Recently split from Black-and-rufous Warbling Finch
Shrub to forested areas, from quite dry to semi-humid.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2019. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World: v2019. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Black-and-chestnut Warbling Finch. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Black-and-chestnut_Warbling_Finch
Uaw Black-and-chestnut Warbling Finch to
Use Poospiza whitii to
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.