|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Alternative names: Ebony Myzomela, Ebony Honeyeater
- Myzomela pammelaena
- Black plumage
- Downcurved black bill
Five subspecies recognized:
- M. p. ernstmayri on Manus I. (Admiralty Islands)
- M. p. pammelaena on smaller islands in Bismarck Archipelago
- M. p. hades in Bismarck Archipelago (Mussau, Eloaua, Emirau, and Tench)
- M. p. ramsayi on Tingwon Island (Bismarck Archipelago)
- M. p. nigerrima on Long Island (northeast New Guinea)
Formerly considered conspecific with Papuan Black Myzomela.
Lowland damp forests.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Bismarck Black Myzomela. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 1 December 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Bismarck_Black_Myzomela
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.