• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Million Dollar Duck (1 Viewer)

SanAngelo

I didn't know where to drop this, it covers a lot of ground. I hope the people from the Wildlife Art forum find their way here.

In the end, it's all about Conservation, so this is where it sits......unless the power that be sees fit to move it.

I'm not sure of my memory; I believe there's been a few passionate conversations, in this forum, around the Duck Stamp or maybe it was in a blog or listserver I frequent. Regardless, I think this is a really good doc. It hits a lot of issues in and out of conservation. There's a lot of eye candy to boot; eyeball liberty, a term from my previous life which I haven't uttered in a good 40 years.....although not literal, the subject matter changed.

I came across the doc by way of an online streaming site. I think you can also find it on Amazon Prime, not sure if it's downloadable or for purchase.....or maybe it can be found on one of the other paid streamers.

For those risk takers, you can view an online stream copy with this scraper: Crocovid.com

Type in The Million Dollar Duck and hit enter on the keyboard.

If you're not using adblockers and some form of JavaScript control, you may have trouble viewing or, at the least, viewing distractions.

Here's the plot summery from IMDb

The Million Dollar Duck follows the humorous and heartfelt journey of six wildlife artists competing to win the Federal Duck Stamp Contest - the only juried art competition run by the U.S. government and one of the most successful conservation tools ever created. Feathers will be ruffled and some egos will be bruised, but for one contestant, winning "the Olympics of wildlife art" will be life-changing.

Here's an article from the Alaska Sporting Journal - One In A Million: The Federal Duck Stamp Contest

Here's an article from the Hollywood Reporter - The Million Dollar Duck: Slamdance Review

Here's the latest controversy: Duck Stamp Artists Turn to Spent Shotgun Shells to Meet New Pro-Hunting Mandate.

Here's a few screen captures from the opening; The Brief History of the Duck Stamp.

DUCKS-1.jpg

DUCKS-2.jpg

DUCKS-3.jpg

DUCKS-4.jpg

DUCKS-5.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back