• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent Sightings on Scilly (1 Viewer)

Paul Freestone

Cornwall Birdwatching Tours
United Kingdom
Last few days sightings on Scilly. More on the revamped site at www.scilly-birding.co.uk.

Tuesday 8th May 2012

St. Mary’s – A Woodchat Shrike was on the Old Town side of Peninnis, a Golden Oriole was at Porth Hellick, the Pink-footed Goose was still at Salakee and a Black-tailed Godwit was on the airfield.

St. Agnes – 2 Golden Orioles, a Corn Bunting and a Turtle Dove

Monday 7th May 2012

St. Mary’s – The Richard’s Pipit was still on the Golf Course, the Nightingale was still near Shooters’ Pool, Lower Moors and one of the Red-rumped Swallows was seen at Porthloo. A Golden Oriole flew over Pelistry Lane, the Eider was still on the sea off Pendrethen and 6 Whimbrel were on the Airfield. 43 Swifts ( a very high count for Scilly) were around St. Mary’s Church and 12 roosted in the louvres of the Church Hall.

St. Martin’s – 4 Golden Orioles and 3 Tree Pipits

Scilly Oct 2012

Looking forward to comming over mid Oct. It's looking good but for some reason there seems to be a lot of Scilly bashing again on the forum. Lets hope we have a cracker a stick it right up 'um! ;) :-O

Looking forward to comming over mid Oct. It's looking good but for some reason there seems to be a lot of Scilly bashing again on the forum. Lets hope we have a cracker a stick it right up 'um! ;) :-O

Don't listen to them. Most have either never been or don't get the craic!! Its not always about the birds. I wouldn't miss it for the world!! When you going?

Don't listen to them. Most have either never been or don't get the craic!! Its not always about the birds. I wouldn't miss it for the world!! When you going?

Sorry, Paul was on my way when you posted!!! Agree with all you say. Had a good week as per. Only "tick" would be H-YBW if accepted. :eek!:

As you say, lot more to Scilly than birds, in fact it does my head in that some birders ONLY talk birds. Mermaid gets vote for best boozer this year B :)

Maybe catch you some time.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back