• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maven C2 7x28: any sibling under other name from other manufacturer? (1 Viewer)

yarrellii

Supporter
I'm quite interested in the little C2 7x28, I find it is an unusual and very attractive format (light, small, but with a 4 mm EP) that is not seen very often. Even the 225 USD price seems very attractive too (taking into account that there are no miracles, and that 225 USD is not the largest of budgets for quality optics).

However, playing with the Maven website and thinking about buying one from Spain, I've discovered (I'd say "in shock") that what seems like a good 225 USD deal easily climbs past the 400 USD mark: 341 USD (225 + 116 shipping) + import fees, which can easily surpass 60 USD. Which is nearly double the starting price, and thus ceases to be such a great deal.

So my question is (probably the Maven subforum is the worst one to ask this, but there you go): given than in the current globalised world we know many binoculars are sold by different brands under different badges (there are endless examples of -nearly- identical models sold by different brands), I was wondering if there exists any "twin" of the C2 7x28 over here in Europe or anywhere else for that matter...

If anyone has any idea or suggestion, please do chime in :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
@Ted Y. This is very interesting (and promising), thank you very much.
Before posting yesterday I did check Amazon, but only the Spanish amazon.es page and (you can laugh now), while the 10x28 showed at a similar 255 €, the 7x28...

Maven728.jpg

... yes it says "2 options from 645,95 €"... for some reason :D

Amazon shipping is exactly 100 $ less than what Maven quotes and that's quite impressive. I've bought from the US many times, both from Amazon and other sellers and from forum members (also from forum members of Cloudy Nights) and I wonder how they can ship something from the US to Spain for 16 $, which is by far the cheapest I've ever seen. The import duties Amazon estimates are also beyond 60 $, as I anticipated in my first post.
I'm going to investigate this option, but also remain interested in whether or not one can find a sibling from other brand. I've found this thread that also speculates on that possibility.

Thanks again!

Has anyone looked at the Maven B3 8x30 vs the C2 7x28? Different series, slightly different magnification and objective, but also much less expensive and slightly smaller. Spouse is looking for travel and hiking bino. Do the 7x28s work well? Are the fairly close to the $500 flavors? I've not seen any twins from other makers.

There was a Fujinon KF 7x28 once but it was IF. Still available on German ebay:
But I saw this one with another brand name on it. Can't remember which it was. Those were made by Kenko.

Has anyone looked at the Maven B3 8x30 vs the C2 7x28? Different series, slightly different magnification and objective, but also much less expensive and slightly smaller. Spouse is looking for travel and hiking bino. Do the 7x28s work well? Are the fairly close to the $500 flavors? I've not seen any twins from other makers.

I had the Maven b3 6x30 and c2 7x28

the b3 definitely had better glass. But the c2 7x28 were very pleasing for long sessions. I felt I could look all day. Where the B3 eventually made my eyes tired

These Binos seem to be well reviewed and are looking like great value. Recently bought the Zeiss Victory pocket 8x25 and very impressed. The Mavens will be my pair for the "car" and stand by. The 7x28 are a good choice for field of view and size etc , so it's a thumbs up !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back