• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

holt heath near wimborne (1 Viewer)

mike davidson

Hello all

I am normally in Kenya and you will see my notes on trips there .
However I do have a house in West Moors and will be home for 3 weeks from next Sunday 14th . I have been on holt heath several times and had some good sightings .
Who is the expert there , and where do I finds the unusual winter species there

Mike D in Nairobi

I don`t know who would have the confidence to use the word "expert".What have you seen? Its a big area where anything can turn up.I have seen good views of Hen Harrier in the winter there and i don`t go there much.(About three four times a year)

Hi , thanks for the response. Clearly very few people do visit this area , which is 10 mins walk from my home . I psted the original nearly 4 years ago !

Just home for a few weeks but will be travelling . The Heath is very wet at the moment , especially at the west moors end .

As far as I recall , and my memory is not that good , I have seen both the Dartford Warbler on several occasions and a Grey Partidge once .

Any one interested in Kenya , we shall have our usual stand at the Birdwatching Fair at Rutland water from 21 to 23 rd of this month

Mike D

I don`t know who would have the confidence to use the word "expert".What have you seen? Its a big area where anything can turn up.I have seen good views of Hen Harrier in the winter there and i don`t go there much.(About three four times a year)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back