• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Ecuador (1 Viewer)

Hi, i know this is old post, wondering if anyone have a different thinking about the yellowhouse on mindo? until today that i found this treat is when i realize that the yellowhluse is not so good for birding in general and for people with not much time to spend. im going to mindo now for sprint break and i was thinking than yellowhouse was one of my best option for birding there in mindo. please anyone with experience can point me to other than the yellowhouse but in the same price range or when i can spend my time in a better way cor birding for 5 days in total. thank
Sorry, I have no answers for you but someone from that area should be able to.
I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Why would the Yellow House be not good for birding? Maybe I don't understand this hobby at all, but I consider it one of the greatest birding locations I have ever visited ...

We booked the yellow house for a full week as hub for exploring the mindo area. The trails itself are listed with 400+ species on its own as well. Probably things like tandayapa, bellavista, or sachatamia are easier to achieve higher lists on the lodge grounds. But in that price range Yellow House sounds absolutely amazing to me and even if you dont have a car you would have the option to explore the other trails around mindo easily.

I would be surprised if the yellow house wont offer good birding when we are going to visit in september.

I feel there were relatively few birds right around the room we stayed in. Feeders where you have breakfast helped, the trails are good, and you can walk to other locations in the area.

As other people have said, the other lodges (which I also liked) were more expensive. If you either get a guide with a vehicle or rent one, you can go up to the public land near Bellavista for a different experience, or you can do what we did, have a day down to Milpe and Silanche (spelling?).
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back