• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Harrier, but Hen or Pallid? (1 Viewer)

AGDK

Hello

Today I saw this Harrier in Poland... I see it very similar to the ones called in as Pallid Harrier with a clear ring around the head, but it's hard to count the fingers..

Anybody who can verify?

Thanks

Attachments

• Harrier.jpg
    Harrier.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Harrier 1.jpg
    Harrier 1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for your feedback.. Can someone else double confirm that it really is a Pallid Harrier.. That will be my only second sighting here in the local area..

OK, thanks for info.. I have reported the bird with pictures and wait for the verifying person to come with his/her opinion..

There was another one together with it, but I assume this is a clear Hen Harrier, rigth?.. 5 finger and no ring around neck..

Attachments

• Harrier.jpg
    Harrier.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Harrier1.jpg
    Harrier1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 23
Hello,

yes your new bird seems a Hen Harrier imo (a dainty, slender winged bird, therefore an 2cy male???)

No offense you know, and yes its better to wait for the acceptance of the relevant comitee. And yes, Harriers are extremly variable and difficult and with Pallid hybrids has to be considered as a scarce possibility in Europe now, they are the Gulls among the Raptors at least for me.

But I would call it confirmation when Tom and Kuzeycem has identified the bird=thanks and wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back