• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dorset News. (1 Viewer)

Nearly two years worth?

Jake Apps said:
Very interesting posts Nina, I have enjoyed reading most of it, but I haven't read it all yet!
Nearly two years worth would most likely take a wee while to get through, but nice to know others are still finding the"site" a good read! I suppose I should have a journal of trips to run with this thread, might be a good idea sometime!

Thanks Ken for your note, nice to see you still interested in the moths, I bet you will put me to shame soon, I will then ask your knowledge on them eh? I'm still into the plants side though.

Nina P said:
Thanks Ken for your note, nice to see you still interested in the moths, I bet you will put me to shame soon, I will then ask your knowledge on them eh? I'm still into the plants side though.
I went round my patch with my county recorder (moths) recently, looking for leafmines (the larvae of moths that live inside the leaves of various native trees and shrubs). It made me realise how little I know about trees! There's so much to learn!!
All the best
Ken

I wonder where the rest has gone, it seems there are about 9 pages lost, must have been the great crash took it all away. I was looking for someone who had posted on this thread, but it is not there.
I really should bring this back to life and add more information now, to update the looks of the garden too!

Updating this thread

Just to show the garden now it has matured. I took this from the upstairs window, this will show you the fantastic outlook I have every morning when I cross the landing. I believe I have the most amazing aspect and love it so much I want to share it with everyone.
This place has been ours for over 12 years now, but there are many things yet to get done, and next year I will have the whole garden in upheaval due to mains sewerage being put in. This means the bottom half will be dug up for the pipeline and then the garden from top to the pipeline will be a new pipe to connect the sewer to our house!

Attachments

• Garden from upstairs window.jpg
    Garden from upstairs window.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 82
I wonder where the rest has gone, it seems there are about 9 pages lost, must have been the great crash took it all away. I was looking for someone who had posted on this thread, but it is not there.
I really should bring this back to life and add more information now, to update the looks of the garden too!

Hi Nina...what's this Great Crash that you are talking about? I put a post on this morning about a Red Kite and that came up OK. Now there's nothing from December '04 until your 2 posts today. Weird!

Hi Nina...what's this Great Crash that you are talking about? I put a post on this morning about a Red Kite and that came up OK. Now there's nothing from December '04 until your 2 posts today. Weird!
Precisely, I did try and keep the thread going but I had some posts from a friend, and I was trying to find her profile, for my calendar, but there is none of her posts left. The site went down with a huge loss of threads and posts, seems like I will not be able to find out without asking her husband now! That'll teach me to be more organised, which is what I am trying to do now. LOL!
It was my turn today to see the Red Kite, dadngerous really as I was driving ....yet again! I seem to see my best birds whilst behind the wheel :C so I daren't stop suddenly, so just get glimpses! Frustrating really when there is never a layby close enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back