• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil Atlantic Rainforest (1 Viewer)

bajadreamer

We are considering a trip to this area in July of 2023. We will use a tour service for 2 weeks, primarily south of Sao Paulo, but want to extend the trip to stay at some of lodges north of Sao Paulo or even north of Rio de Janeiro. Any suggestions for lodges? We are photographers, not birders, so lodges with gardens, feeders, water sources, etc on the grounds are preferred. Certainly trails or near by parks are desirable, but not as important as bird attractions on the grounds of the lodges.

9 years ago I was in REGUA near Rio. I didn't stay at their lodge, but it looked great and they let me stay around their feeders and there I got great photo opportunities - see Lodge | Reserva Ecológica de Guapiaçu . Furthermore it's very close to a very accessible area with even more birds - and the wetlands there are also superb for photography. Also the manager was extremely nice and overall the place gave some of the best vibes I have ever met - and it's very quickly reached from Rio.

9 years ago I was in REGUA near Rio. I didn't stay at their lodge, but it looked great and they let me stay around their feeders and there I got great photo opportunities - see Lodge | Reserva Ecológica de Guapiaçu . Furthermore it's very close to a very accessible area with even more birds - and the wetlands there are also superb for photography. Also the manager was extremely nice and overall the place gave some of the best vibes I have ever met - and it's very quickly reached from Rio.
Thank you. I have seen some YouTube videos on this lodge and will look into it.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back