• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Blue Moon' with Kowa 99a and TE 11 at 70x magnification (1 Viewer)

paperweight

Had a chance to take a picture of Crescent Moon in the blue sky shortly before dusk and loved the contrast of the blue sky and the moon. So far, I'm happy with my 99a and will do more star tests as soon as circumstances allow for it. Tonight the moon is too dominant in the sky.
I think the move from my Gitzo Reporter to the Berlebach Uni 16c and the Pegasus head has really added a lot of stability. Camera is a Sony RX 100 II on a Kowa DA4/DA10 digiscoping adapter. Image data: ISO 100; 1/80sec; Aperture 7,1; Camera Zoom 1,3

DSC02249.JPG

When the Moon is more than half illuminated it is called gibbous.

When less than half it is crescent.

When crescent, earthshine is visible, which is light reflected from the Earth to the Moon and back to us on the Earth.

A good binocular visually shows earthshine up to about 60% gibbous in a clear transparent sky.

(Moonshine is a liquid made in a shed at the bottom of the garden) :)

Nice photo.

Regards,
B.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back