• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ashy Ground Thrush (1 Viewer)

I would just like to share a picture of one of the toughest targets in the Philippines: an Ashy Ground Thrush.

Ashy Ground Thrush
La Mesa EcoPark, Manila, Philippines

Thanks for looking!

Happy Birding,
Adrian Constantino
--------------------------
Birding Adventure Philippines
www.birdingphilippines.com

amazing photo of a difficult, great bird. love it -- reminds me of my encounter in near darkness early one morning on mt makiling. my friend steve got a great photo with a 3 second exposure! my own less impessive effort, digicoped with a 1.5sec exposure is at

http://picasaweb.google.com/1157385...id=atQPDbSh2XbxJwQm_NIWwg#5443426273640775890

Cheers, Ian

amazing photo of a difficult, great bird. love it -- reminds me of my encounter in near darkness early one morning on mt makiling. my friend steve got a great photo with a 3 second exposure! my own less impessive effort, digicoped with a 1.5sec exposure is at

http://picasaweb.google.com/1157385...id=atQPDbSh2XbxJwQm_NIWwg#5443426273640775890

Cheers, Ian

Just had a look at your photo Ian, and notice the date was Feb 2 2010. Surely you must have been in the group of birders I met at the site with Rob Hutchinson who had seen Ashy Thrush that morning? If so it was thanks to you guys that I went on to see one (presumably same bird) the next morning, though it had moved to just round the next bend.

Cheers, and great photo! Larry

Just had a look at your photo Ian, and notice the date was Feb 2 2010. Surely you must have been in the group of birders I met at the site with Rob Hutchinson who had seen Ashy Thrush that morning? If so it was thanks to you guys that I went on to see one (presumably same bird) the next morning, though it had moved to just round the next bend.

Cheers, and great photo! Larry

Hi Larry,

it's taken me nearly 6 months, but I have *just* come across your post above. Yes indeed I was with the group you met that morning, and yes, the pic shows presumably the same bird that you saw the next morning (which we knew you had seen because we followed your reports thereafter).

Cheers, Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back