• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Washington state (1 Viewer)

jvhigbee

Keep trying to improve. If you succeed, try again.
There are birding spots within minutes of anyplace in Washington. I find Nisqually NWR convenient and close to me and it like most areas in the state change almost daily in what's there. It as well as Ridgefield NWR to the south and the Skagit Flats to the north have a wide variety between wintering species and passing migrant as well as nesting and year arounders. And that's just on the west side of the Cascade mountains. The east side is the same thing only different birds. Some birders have yearly lists of well over 300 species in the state.

Well for complete contrast, I've got a Washington state list of . . . ONE!

A Herring Gull flying across the Columbia River, seen from a plane landing in Portland OR :)

Michael

Hello,
I have a Washington list of 168. I really enjoy going to Turnbull NWR near Cheney, WA. I saw my first bird that I put on my life list there. It's a great place with many ponds. The checklist has 223 species.

Michael

These look great, it would be informative if you listed what scope, eyepiece, camera, lens, head or tripod were used on these different shots. Nice shots!

Greg, the post before yours was written over 3 and 1/2 years ago so I don't know if anyone is keeping "an eye on" on this thread.

If you click on one of the photos shown you usually can see what equipment was used to obtain the photo. (on BirdForum Gallery shots, not the Flicker photos.)

Good Birding!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back