• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Washington State Checklist (1 Viewer)

Hi Mal,

First of all what a great website!

I lived in Wa State for 3 years and you can find a relatively up to date checklist done by WOS at http://www.wos.org/WAlist01.htm

Though it is still a bit out of date now. With a real quick glance through, I see that Whooper Swan is not on yours- I think the records of it are only a couple of years old. Also, Mute Swan is not technically on the WOS list- I find it a bit weird as there is a breeding population just to the north near Vancouver that I expect the wanderers come from but they don't put it on the official list!

I have not gave it a real good comparison but I love your site.

All the best, Nick

Hi Imans & Nick

Thanks for the great comments and for the info Nick. I'll take a look at the WOS site and do any necessary updates.
I'm currently adding the latest Clements and IOC changes - quite a substantial job, but I'm almost there with the database, then I can start on the checklists again.

If either of you spot any further omissions or errors please let me know.

Best wishes to you both, hope you have a great New Year.

I see the Bewick's Swan is not included too ...as long as we are talking of swans. I saw a couple this past April near Moses Lake and Othello area....jim

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back