• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Various rarities (1 Viewer)

Woodcock1965

Hello to all members,
Hoping everyone is keeping fit and healthy and looking forward to watching various birds within the breeding season.
My question is mainly directed at birdwatchers within the district of Nottinghamshire and its surrounding areas, and through great interest I'd like to know what is the persons rarest bird or birds they have encountered within the (Nottinghamshire) countryside.
Many readers will have heard the report of a (Woodcock) found in a certain street in Nottinghamshire.
It doesn't matter when one saw the bird in question, it could be a recent occurrence or one experience that happened many years a go or a somewhat recent bird or birds spotted.
I'm looking forward at the response from our birdwatchers.
My regards, Woodcock.

I thought there would at least be a flutter of responses from various sources of of birdwatchers. It is somewhat surprising that a county like Nottinghamshire not just attracts certain wonderful species but has an array of certain breeding species like (Nightjar), Woodcock and Woodlark, and that is just to name a few. At this time of year I like to watch the roding male Woodcock in the surrounding woodlands; something very mystical of such a fascinating bird. Are there any people who watch the Nightjar? 'Still hoping to hear of anyones experience.
Woodcock...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back