• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tassie Birding Buddies (1 Viewer)

Garrulous Jay

England
Anyone know of a Tasmanian “Birding Buddy” available for a few days mid December? Or at least someone who can advise me what best one night stops to take going north west out of Hobart through the lakes to the North Coast then to Launceston. I’ll be with the missus and she requires comfort!

Anyone know of a Tasmanian “Birding Buddy” available for a few days mid December? Or at least someone who can advise me what best one night stops to take going north west out of Hobart through the lakes to the North Coast then to Launceston. I’ll be with the missus and she requires comfort!

Just over halfway from Hobart to Macquarie Harbour (Strahan: Ground Parrot to the west), Derwent Bridge Wilderness Hotel is situated on the main road and at the end of the short road up to Lake St Clair (Pink Robin at the car park), where there are a couple of birding trails and much more expensive places to stay overnight. There are good birds around the DBWH, and Lake King William is close by to the south, the Derwent River connecting the two.

The DBWH when we were there put out fruit for the birds, too. We liked the DBWH.
MJB

As regards DBWHThanks so much MJB. We considered your recommendation, especially as regards position and environment and decided to give it a go. Can only contact by phone which we did tonight (We're in Devon, UK). Spoke to Carol and did the business. So that's our last place booked. Thanks to you.

As regards DBWHThanks so much MJB. We considered your recommendation, especially as regards position and environment and decided to give it a go. Can only contact by phone which we did tonight (We're in Devon, UK). Spoke to Carol and did the business. So that's our last place booked. Thanks to you.

:t::t::t:
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back