• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Backpack 30 (1 Viewer)

ajfossey

Supporter
Firstly, apologies to BirdForum administrators if I’m posting this request for opinion in a less than appropriate category.

Here in the UK, the Swarovski optik backpack 30 is available for purchase for around £190. Whilst not inexpensive, it does have the advantage of being manufactured from recycled plastic bottles apparently!

Wondering if anyone has any direct experience with this piece of equipment? I’m planning on using for carrying a Swarovski STS 65mm, a Walkstool and Sony RX10 iv when walking. Tripod carried separately (using Gitzo shoulder strap) as generally my preference to reduce weight on my shoulders/back.

Clearly a popular backpack, not! Well I’ve obtained one myself and will report back my findings after some experience. My current favourite is the Vanguard Endeavour 1600 which I rate highly.

I’ve used this Swarovski backpack a couple of times recently. It’s comfortable and has room enough for what I wish to carry, but to be honest, the Vanguard Endeavour 1600 remains my favourite.

The 1600 is a better thought out birding option. Accessing content from the bag is easier when in the field, particularly if it’s wet and muddy, there are also multiple external pockets and it is ultimately more comfortable to carry.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back