• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Self-drive car hire companies in Arusha, Tanzania. (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Anyone got any experience of self-drive car hire companies in Arusha? It seems the few birders who do this area independently use Roadtrip Africa but this may be because they are the only one mentioned in the LP guide and/or they are going for them as they are in the reports they have read. There are others which are slightly cheaper and get better reviews on TripAdvisor. Obviously I realise that TA is not the fountain of all knowledge and suffers from the risk of fake reviews etc.

I don't know about Tanzania, but in Kenya, Roadtrip Africa is by far the best reviewed company. My only experience with them so far is that of a last-minute trip cancellation on my side and they have very swiftly refunded me 75% of the money, as well as provided a lot of information before the trip (which I haven't used so far). I booked with them again, so if it works out this time, I will be able to provide more experience, but they seem to be a reasonable company.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back