• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Puerto Rican Flycatcher or Gray Kingbird? Old San Juan, Puerto Rico (1 Viewer)

Smails

United States
Hello,

The pics are for three different birds. 4715 is one. 4860, 4861, and 4863 are a second bird. 4866 is a third. The first was near Fuente Raices, the second and third near Casa Rosa on the same coast. These were all taken this April in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

For the last two (4662 and 4681), I was wondering if this was a Greater Antillean grackle without tail feathers. The second photo isn't very good, but I wanted to show its size next to a Rock Dove.

I picked up quite a few new birds for me. Greater Antillean grackle, Zenaida dove, White-winged dove, Brown pelican, and Helmeted Guineafowl (plus whatever these I am asking about are). Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4715.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4860.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4861.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4863.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4866.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4662.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4681.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 10
Gray head with a black mask points to a Gray Kingbird in first four. 4866 is harder to judge from the photo, but looks like a Gray Kingbird too.

Yes, looks like an unfortunate Greater Antillean Grackle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back