• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problem with green coating of EL SV 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Paultrycounty, post 579,
I had no issues at all the past 30-40 years with around 35 different Swarovski models: Habicht, EL, CL-Companion, EL Range, Laserguide, CL Pocket, SL, SLC, NL and I had the same positive experiences with different models of Leica, Meopta and Zeiss.
Gijs van Ginkel

Has anybody used multiple Swaros binoculars in hot humid weather multiple times over the years, and have not had an issue with armor? I mean besides me.

Using several SV and FP Els over the last 10 to 15 years on the Texas gulf coast, no problems. However in the same time frame I have had the "gooey" armor problem with a couple of other makes, including some which have seen much less actual use than the ELs.

Mike

I suppose this issue isn't a problem ... until it is!

My brother's (referred to in posts above) came back after a couple of months with new armouring that feels a little different and thicker (?). The optics are as outstanding as they always have been, really superb. He's taking extra care to clean his hands after applying sunblock. We'll see how long the new armour lasts...

PXL_20240401_130549826_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back