• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Other places to see birds near minsmere. (1 Viewer)

gordthelord

I am visiting minsmere next week for 4 days. Could anyone tell me of other birding hotspots in the area. I will of course also visit dunwich heath for dartford warbler. Are there other spots where I might pick up passing migrants or see local star species such as wood lark etc.
Thanks.

I am visiting minsmere next week for 4 days. Could anyone tell me of other birding hotspots in the area. I will of course also visit dunwich heath for dartford warbler.

The whole coast from Benacre broad to the Orwell is one bird hotspot!!

Seawatch off Southwold
Hen Reedbed and walk down the blythe river
Best at midtide
If tide is right, Blythburgh on A12
Walberswick marshes and walk up eastern end of River Blyth (Terns)
Kittiwakes on Sizewell water cooling tower (?too early)
North Warren RSPB, Aldeburgh Marshes, Aldringham Fenn
Snape and Iken
Havergate and Orfordness (check boats)
Languard and Trimley Marshes
Orwell river (Peregrine under bridge)

Lots of woods about, though the pine areas of Tunstall and Redlesham are a bit sterile.

There is an hide in Kenton hills overlooking the acid grassland of the Southern parts of The Minsmere Acid grasslands

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back