• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One Day in Niagara on the Lake (1 Viewer)

napamatt

I will be in Niagara on the Lake for business 4/9-4/11 and so will have a few hours early am and late afternoon available potentially. Can anyone suggest a few good spots to visit, I will have a car. Also I will be coming up from Buffalo and so if there is anything on the way that would be helpful also.

If you take a drive along the Niagara River from Niagara on the lake to Niagara Falls, you will find a lot of good areas with plenty of spots to pulloff. There is open woodland and there will still be a lot of Gulls and waterfowl along the river.

You'll pass the Queenston area which is perhaps the best spot in North America to find Little Gull. Have a look among the thousands of Bonaparte's for ones with dark underwings.

A bit farther on you will come to Adam Beck power dam, and huge amounts of gulls may be present. There may still be Iceland, lesser Black-backed etc.

Shortly past the falls themselves, on the upper part of the river, is also excellent for gulls and ducks. Earlier this winter a Slaty-backed Gull was present for a few days.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back