• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old ex Welshman having a trip to wales (1 Viewer)

Andy Guppy

Hi All,

I moved away from wales when i was 6, been back and forth. Live in Scotland and now 55, i am at the age of bird bucket lists , one of which is a Hawfinch i would really appreciate any help in the welsh area of Dolgellau that can help me perhaps obtain one or two picture so i may remove from my tick list.

I have recently became disabled in last 4 years and im keen to finish my bucket lists.

Anyone help , i travrlling 9th April for a week, any advice or anyone who perhaps has a feeder active with these lovely birds and would like oto help out would be appreciated

Regards

Hi Andy and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. All things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I'm not sure where you are in Scotland, but if you're anywhere near the Perth area Hawfinch can generally be seen at Scone Palace in the winter months

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Llanrwst might be a better bet these days. I'll dig out the details for you when I've got a moment.
I was at Llanrwst on Monday.
Three birds visible in trees from the children's play area near the cafe next to the bridge.
I have seen a site I haven’t heard of before mentioned iin the last few days. Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd (near Ruthin) at St Mary and St. Cynfarch

Near Dolgellau, I've seen Hawfinches in the yews in the churchyard in Llanelltyd several times.
They breed in the area but can be hard to pin down - keep your eyes peeled! Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back