• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Cyprus holiday blog (1 Viewer)

Hi Steve

Good to hear you were out in N Cyprus. We are going for our second visit later in the year. Any chance you could share the location of the sites you visited

Regards chris

Hi Chris - all the birding was done in North Cyprus, predominantly at Karpas point in the farthest north easterly corner. Keep driving until the road runs out and that's where we went. It is not the nicest place in the world but good for migration in March and April. The last couple days were spent at the opposite side of the island at Cape Kournikati. Updates on this place are still to be put on the blog. I wanted to do a daily live blog but there was no internet connection. The post dated updates are now the best I can offer but sadly they are not as exciting as a daily update. Good luck.
Regards. Steve.

Nice blog and great pics.I have North Cyprus birding info at www.kibrisbirds.net , currently putting together a mini report for our visit 1st - 10th May 2010.
Cheers
Colin.

Hi Steve

Good to hear you were out in N Cyprus. We are going for our second visit later in the year. Any chance you could share the location of the sites you visited

Regards chris

Thanks

Appreciate the info, I've been on the Karpas, but not tried Cape Kournikati. Like you I'd like to day by day post, but time and connection don't lend them selves to these situations.

Regards Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back