• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mourning Dove Question (1 Viewer)

RatticusThe3rd

United States
Hi everyone. I know next to nothing about birds but I find them really fascinating. I have two mourning doves who are making their nest right outside my bedroom window so I've made it a point to avoid the window and let them do their thing. But I got back from somewhere today and noticed that the two had left the nest. I'm pretty sure I can see them just sitting on the telephone wire outside. I was just wondering if it was normal for them to leave the nest like that? There aren't any eggs yet that I can see and they've been here for about 3 days. I just wanna make sure I didn't spook them or do something wrong.

Hi Ratticus and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Yes, Butty is correct; they won't go far away though, as they'll want to make sure no-one else tries to take the nest over

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Ratticus and welcome to BirdForum ;) Glad to hear you are feeling better about the Doves. Just try to stay away from the nest box and things should progress nicely ;)

Hi Ratticus and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Yes, Butty is correct; they won't go far away though, as they'll want to make sure no-one else tries to take the nest over

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Okay. That makes me so happy. And I'll make sure to update them carefully so I don't scare them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back