• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maven 12x42 C1 (1 Viewer)

Blue72

Just bought a pair of these while trying to find a decent 12x binocular for under $500. Which is a lot harder to do, then finding 8x or 10x binocular in that price range. It seems 12x really brings out the flaws in binoculars. However, these mavens are great.

the image quality is very sharp when I see people who are strolling on the beach two miles away from me, compared to other 12x binoculars I have tried. They are easy on the eyes and I can handhold them pretty well for a 12x binocular. The edge to edge clarity is decent for this price range and the build quality is definitely there. I enjoyed these more then my Nikon monarch 5 12x42.

They do show a red chromatic aberration near the edge of the glass, if the sun is angled towards you. But overall ÇA is well controlled

I find the Mavens 12x42 are great for astronomy, especially if you live in a light polluted area. They made DSO's very easy to find

I was looking for a set a binoculars that would be more comfortable to use rather then bringing my Nikon ed50 scope with me. I think these might fit the bill!

Thanks for the report. Could you update after looking at a near Full Moon, in a few weeks, how they do on ghosting, reflections and showing the diffraction spike from the roof edge.

Thanks for the report. Could you update after looking at a near Full Moon, in a few weeks, how they do on ghosting, reflections and showing the diffraction spike from the roof edge.
Will do, but I can say that I can get a pretty nice round disk with Jupiter

Looked at the full moon the past few nights…..no ghosting, reflections, or diffraction spikes

sometimes there is a tiny bit of ÇA other times there is not. I’m impressed with these. Definitely my new long range binocular of choice that is small enough to travel with

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back