• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto XPRO Fluid Head (MHXPRO-2W) (1 Viewer)

Adare

I purchased this product in June to replace a ball head I had been using. I used the head to carry my old Zeiss Diascope (about 1.7 kg).
After just over three months my telescope fell off the mount and the mount would not tighten on the plate. I discovered that there was a crack in the polycarbonate which flexed when I tightened the clamp. I sent the head to Manfrotto's agent who's response was :
"THE TOP PLATE HAS CRACKED WHERE THE QUICK RELEASE LEVER IS LOCATED.
THIS IS A RESULT FROM AN IMPACT OR EXCESSIVE FORCE.
WE CANNOT COVER THIS UNDER WARRANTY, ESTIMATED FOR YOUR APPROVAL."

Their quote for repair was £65.71. I'm still annoyed that a faulty product is my problem and that I'm asked to pay for the repair, which I declined.
The product isn't fit for purpose, the polycarbonate isn't strong enough, the clamp needs to be completely tight. How this unit was supposed to carry 4kg I don't know.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back