• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LSW (1 Viewer)

tyson

I’ve had LSW drumming twice by the river in Collingham/Linton recently. Has anyone else had them recently?

Thanks

Chris

I had a “guaranteed” spot but that is no more now. I saw at least 2 and possible 3 there the last time I saw
LSW are hard birds in Yorkshire, I'd be interested in info on this as it is a few years since last I had a Tyke LSW.
its on private land I’m afraid, which I have permission to use from the gamekeepers there.

Not far from Linton bridge

Farnley cemetery used to be a good spot for them but I don’t know if that’s the case now

And the old guaranteed spot was also on private land which has now been fenced off with barbwire fencing. That was near Otley

I knew about the Otley site but never visited it. Temple Newsam woods used to be good, as did Adel Dam. Had one drumming in Roundhay Park a few years ago but not heard anything there since.

I’ve had one in a private garden in Arthington a few years ago. That one did it’s high pitched call then I saw it. It was great as I wells working so getting paid to watch an LSW.

Also one in flight last year near Harlow Carr in Harrogate.

I’ve never managed to get one at Adel Dam or Roundhay.

I’ve heard there has been a pair for a lot of years at Harewood House Lake. But I don’t know if they’re still there. Also there was a post on here once about LSW at Farnley Cemetery. But that was quite a few years ago

a few years ago a pair nested near brighouse for 2 years running, cromwell bottom also near brighouse used to be good but that was the late 80's/90's when i used to see them daily even displaying and mating. i noticed it seemed to move around by late march/april with one bird seen flying from priestly green towards the church at coley. these were proberly the most western records for west yorkshire. bretton used to be good as was potteric carr.
fantastic bird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back