• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is This the Female Blue Dasher? (1 Viewer)

Leslie

I have been seeing a lot of definite male blue dashers, but I'm wondering if this is possibly a female. It looks a bit different than the others. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• female blue dasher.jpg
    female blue dasher.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 218
Leslie, it looks very close to the female I caught on Saturday. I don't have it with me here at the office. I'll send it to you later when I get home or post it here.

Thanks KC. I just looked at your pic on the other forum again. Your pic shows her from another angle though so I'm not sure (or do you have another pic?). I just love these guy's faces. Their eyes are so pretty and they look like they're smiling :) I think I might get the Stokes book too as I'm seeing a lot of positive comments on that one and it also includes the damselfies, which my book doesn't have.

PS - I think mine is the male again. I never noticed the zebra striped part behind the head before, so it was throwing me off. I defintiely think that your pic is of the femael though. I checked my book and your's looks exactly like the pic of the fem. in there.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back