• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iceland, July 2003 (1 Viewer)

Denis

Gwent Wildlife Trust
A very quick note with a recommendation for Iceland.

Wife and I spent 10 days in the company of Andy Jones who runs Iceland Naturalist. iceland Naturalist dot com

The tour was not just birds but included all aspects of Iceland's natural history and geology. Andy originally hails from Camarthen in Wales but has lived in Iceland for many years. He is utterly charming, very knowledgeable and works very hard to ensure everyone on the trip gets to see what they want.

I'm not sure if he could accomodate travellers on their own but still worth asking. For those looking to organise something for a small group though I would recommend him 100%

Cheers

Denis

Good to hear that recommendation Denis. Andy is a good friend of mine and erstwhile employer and you couldn't go wrong by contacting him with regard to a birding/geology or "generally enjoying the countryside trip" to Iceland.

How about a report of what you saw whilst over here?

E

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back