• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iceland Bird Guides (1 Viewer)

Forest Knights

Wilderness, Wildlife & Warrior Arts
I recently spent in a week nature watching in Iceland. Fantastic country wild and certainly worth a visit. It is now my wifes favourite destination.

therefore I am going to need some decent bird and plant guide books.

The only ones I could find in iceland were extremely expensive.

There was still plenty of Bird life when we visited

Sea eagle being my highlight. No photos though it didnt hang around for long.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Iceland. The catch with Iceland is that it is expensive (I'm used to it but I can only imagine what many tourists must think), and the price of books can be particularly daunting. In English the best bird guide is a photographic guide called Icelandic Bird Guide by Jóhann Óli Hilmarsson. I also have an excellent photographic guide to the plants and flowers of Iceland called A Guide to the Flowering Plants and Ferns of Iceland by Hörður Kristinsson. Both books are expensive by British standards but I doubt you can get them cheaper in England than here.

E

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back