• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Listing 2024 - Joint Thread (9 Viewers)

Another day another goose...

101. Greylag Goose 3rd May

This had not been added to the UK list - albeit recorded by Swindon Addick - so I have adjusted the list accordingly and now 123 for the UK.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Greylag Goose 07.jpg
    Greylag Goose 07.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 0
Had Cuckoo on May 1, but I didn't suspect it wasn't on the list, so I didn't greenlist it (in other cases above, instead of following the same way home once again, I often prefer to take the bus and go for a walk elsewhere instead).

EDIT: Too far for me to want to walk or cycle there, but it's interesting that there are no records of Common Tern or Black Tern by anyone yet.

I have to say that my thin pickings continue whilst friends on patch are bumping into slightly better - must try harder or a change of luck... I will try the first for a week or so and hope for the second:-

102. Sedge Warbler 5th May

This is now 124 for the UK.

All the best

Paul

Had Sedge Warbler on May 1, too, but elsewhere; surprised it wasn't on the list, too. Locally, it's an uncommonish passage migrant (they might breed in a few small pockets elsewhere in Warsaw) -- a bit like Common Reed Warbler and Great Reed Warbler, though the latter two breed more extensively in other parts of the city. For a full picture, Marsh Warbler is a locally common breeder (less so in other parts of the city) and Icterine Warbler is a locally moderately common breeder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back