• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Deserted nest (1 Viewer)

Rattyval

United Kingdom
Hi I’m new to this site and wondering if you can help me . We have bluetit nesting , but they seemed to have abandoned making the nest is this normal? I’m so sad 😞 as it’s the first nest box we’ve had . Ps how do you add a photo ?

I’ve just added the best photo taken yesterday. Thanks rattyval

Attachments

• A19BCCF6-F1F0-4EF5-90BA-4C6ED9B06E0C.jpeg
    A19BCCF6-F1F0-4EF5-90BA-4C6ED9B06E0C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

Occasionally blue tits will start to build a nest and then abandon it. You should leave the nest alone as it’s illegal to interfere with a nest in the breeding season (usually 1 February till 31 August).

Hi Val and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Blue Tits will abandon a nest for a number of reasons: weather, disturbance, loss of a partner etc. It's still possible another pair or another species will take over.

Good luck - please let us know if there's any developments.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Val and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Blue Tits will abandon a nest for a number of reasons: weather, disturbance, loss of a partner etc. It's still possible another pair or another species will take over.

Good luck - please let us know if there's any developments.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you I will keep you in the loop fingers crossed it will be used x

Hi again Val... just in case you're worried you did the wrong thing.... you aren't obliged to respond to every post.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back