• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common surprise in Alyth (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
We went for a walk through Den of Alyth yesterday, just a wonderful, peaceful place to be, among trees and the flowing burn. We saw Dippers, Pied and Grey Wagtails, the Wagtails with youngsters but, the surprise of the day, there were two in fact was a Common Lizard and a baby Toad.
20230619 - Common lizard on Alyth Burn .jpg 20230619 - Common lizard on Alyth Burn.jpg
20230619 - Common lizard handheld near Alyth Burn .jpg

The tiny Toad was in almost exactly the same place.
20230619 - Tiny young Toad on Alyth Burn.jpg 20230619 - Tiny young Toad handheld near Alyth Burn.jpg
Addendum: I'd forgotten the lizard swam off across the burn when we placed it back at the water's edge, I'd never even considered them swimming!!
20230619 - Common lizard swimming on Alyth Burn.jpg

Last edited:
Oh how wonderful, on both counts!!!!

Super pictures of them too Scoz. Thanks so much for showing these to us - I've never thought about lizards swimming either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back